Zanier Egg Pappardelle
Unit Size: 250g
Outer Qty: 12
A beautiful wide flat ribbon pasta that is made by combining durum wheat and fresh eggs rolled out into thin sheets then cut to shape. Great for hearty vegetable or meat sauces and dishes such as ragu.
PAPPARDELLE, PORK & FENNEL SAUSAGE RAGU
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bulb fennel, diced 1cm
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced 1cm
- 1 stick celery, diced 1 cm
- 1 small onion, diced 1 cm
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon lightly toasted fennel seeds
- 500g pork and fennel sausages, skins removed and sausage meat crumbled
- 400g can Italian whole peeled tomatoes, roughly mashed
- 500g Egg Pappardelle
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flat-leafed parsley
- extra virgin olive oil and finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano to serve
In a large heavy-based frying pan, warm the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the fennel, carrot, celery and onion and saute until soft (15 minutes), then add the garlic, chilli, rosemary and fennel seeds and fry until fragrant but not browned. Add the crumbled sausage and fry until browned Season with sea salt and pepper, add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta in plenty of well-salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid and set aside. Add the lemon juice to the sausage mixture and mix well. Stir in the parsley. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Toss together the pasta, reserved cooking liquid and sausage sauce. Serve on heated plates, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and top with lots of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serves 4.