Gaea Sundried Tomatoes Spread
Unit Size: 100g
Outer Qty: 6
A delicious spread with the well balanced flavours of sundried tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, green olives, tomato paste, Mizithra cheese, garlic, vinegar, salt and basil. Spread on bread with feta or goat's cheese and place in the oven for perfect bruschetta. Use as a red pesto for pasta or rice, or as a dip with crackers or vegetables.
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO SPREAD & 3 CHEESES
- 180g Gaea Sundried Tomatoes Spread
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms, 10-14cm in diameter, stems removed
- 6 teaspoons grated parmesan
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- pepper to taste
Heat oven to 180C. Mix together the sundried tomatoes spread and 3 teaspoons of the olive oil.
Scrape and discard the ridged underside of each cap. Brush both sides of each mushroom with ½ teaspoon olive oil and place on a baking dish, open side up.
Sprinkle each with a teaspoon of parmesan and spoon 3 tablespoons of the sundried tomatoes spread inside each mushroom. Place 3 basil leaves on each mushroom.
Sprinkle mozzarella and feta evenly over each and season with pepper.
Bake until the cheese melts and the mushrooms are firm but tender, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.