Gaea Organic Kalamata Olives
Unit Size: 300g
Outer Qty: 8
Certified DIO, organically grown and processed, Gaea Kalamata olives come from the famous Kalamata region of Greece. They are plump, fleshy olives, full of flavour to eat on their own or add to casseroles or salads - they are renowned as one of the tastiest olives!
RUSTIC SALAD WITH ROAST POTATOES, OLIVES & EGGS
- 500g baby potatoes (Jersey Benne or Baby Perlas)
- 250g green beans
- 3-4 free range eggs (allow 1 per person)
- 100g fresh rocket leaves
- 18 Organic Kalamata Olives
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- extra virgin olive oil for roasting
- toasted pumpkin seeds for dressing
- juice of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- generous pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 180C. Cut the potatoes in half and place in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to ensure well coated and roast for 30 minutes until golden and tender.
Trim and halve the beans. Bring a medium sized saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch the beans for 2 minutes before draining and immediately plunging into ice cold water to cool completely. Lay out on a tea towel to dry.
Bring another medium sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and cook for precisely 6 minutes. Cool under cold water before peeling and cut in half.
Place all the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake vigourously to combine.
To assemble - toss the rocket into 2/3 of the dressing, adding additional dressing as required. Lay out on a platter and scatter all the other components on top. The potatoes and eggs should both be added while warm. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and scatter a small handful of pumpkin seeds on top. Serve immediately.